Monday, June 20, 2005

One Year Ago ...

One year ago, I had just broken up with Jay and was living with the world's worst case of guilt. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I couldn't concentrate. And I couldn't stop feeling guilty. It's only been within the past few months that I've been able to let go of the guilt and anger that consumed me every time I thought of Jay.

One year ago, I was still living with Jay. He banned me to the couch while he slept in the bedroom and played a very angry version of 'Halloween' repeatedly on his guitar (that didn't help with the guilt). Life was hell for me!!! I was desperately looking for a new living situation when I came upon Scott & Steve's craigs listing. I thought Scott was the hottest thing I'd ever seen.

One year ago, I attended a wedding of a sorority sister and spent the evening laughing like I needed to. Britney spent the evening puking and later passing out in the woman's bathroom. That night I became reacquainteded with Nathan. One day after officially breaking up with Jay I thought that I had fallen back in love again. He ended up being a jerk and trampled on my heart a bit but I must thank him for taking my mind off Jay and his antics. Also he took me on one amazing date that made me feel like a princess (even though I would NEVER date Nathan again!)

Wow. It's amazing all that can happen in one year.