Monday, June 13, 2005

Kicking & Screaming

Today I reluctantly went back to work after having a glorious week of vacation which I spent unpacking our new home and watching TLC stories on TV. I really REALLY didn't want to go back ;-( I'm not sure how new mothers return to work after having 6-10 weeks of vacation and a tiny new baby. I probably couldn't do it and I really love my job (most of the time).

The good news is that our apartment is completely unpacked and the garden has been planted. All that's left is to hang a few big picture frames. I'll have pictures sometime later this week of our new pad and it's super cute decorations. I'm really proud of my decorating skills especially since this was my 1st home to decorate. In the past I was either in college (too poor), had roommates who already had decorations for the entire house, or lived in a party house where any decorations or nice furniture would have been ruined easily.

This weekend Dave and I went to a SF Giants baseball game with Ryan and Tamar (free box seats from Dave's work). Ryan and Tamar are the couple who've been dating as long as Dave and me and got engaged about 2 months ago. It was a fun experience even though I was a bit jealous after hearing about wedding plans for 4 hours. I'm getting used to it though. Unfortunately, I think that Dave and I are bound to be the couple that dates for 5 years before even getting engaged. Oh well. ;-/