Sunday morning I woke up early so I started to put away some boxes while Dave slept. His phone rang so I answered it cuz I'm his girlfriend and allowed to answer it and I didn't want the ringing to wake him up. On the phone was his older (and only) sister with some exciting news. She was ENGAGED!! Her and her boyfriend have been dating for 10 months (same as me and Dave). This will be her 3rd marriage (1st ended in divorce at a young age, 2nd ended when he died of cancer a year ago).
I'm excited for his sister. The guy she is dating seems like a great guy and Dave's parents LOVE him. But gosh ... when will it be our turn ;-( I want to marry Dave so badly and watching all our close friends and family get engaged before us is just killing me inside. Seriously, as soon as I heard the news I felt a wave of sorrow and sad jealousy wash over me. It made me glad that Dave was still asleep cuz I was able to sit down for a bit, collect myself and put on a happy face. *sigh*