For the last week, I've felt this small lump on the underside of my breast (where my bra wire touches my skin). At first I wasn't too worried about it since I assumed it was some type of irritation from my bra. Well, it's still there so I went to the doctor today to have it checked out. The doctor referred me to the local breast cancer center for further exam by specialists where I'll be checked out in a week or so. I'm not too worried at this point because breast cancer doesn't run in my family and I'm young. Even the doctor said that most likely this is just a common benign cyst.
Dave has been so incredibly sweet about this whole thing. His first reaction was to come to the doctors with me but I told him that wasn't necessary. The lump is on my mind but it's not something I'm super stressed out about cuz I really don't think it's anything serious. It's still great to know that if a biopsy is needed then Dave will be right there by my side to hold my sweaty hands. How did I get so lucky to find a boy as sweet as him???
The lesson of today's post is to go in the shower tonight, lather your boobies up and touch them all over. You never know when you might find something unexpected.