Thursday, June 23, 2005

Indulge Me and My Fantasies

Work has been hectic and my boss has been a bit of an a** as of late. To keep myself from running down the hallway screaming, I've been reading this cute website of engagement stories whenever I feel like I'm getting way too frustrated. And of course the website has been making me think of perfect engagement scenarios which has been a great way to put a smile on my face. So cuz this is my blog, here is a couple ideas that I think would make perfect engagements:

1) Dave will be coming with me to DC for the 4th of July weekend. He'll leave for Cali on Wednesday while I remain to finish my detail. I think this is just so awesome and sweet of him. It'll make leaving for DC so much easier on me (otherwise I would have had to ripped from his arms at the airport). So I think that it would be so romantic and perfect if Dave proposed after we watch the huge fireworks show on the 4th but I know that wont be happening since we haven't seriously talked about engagement yet. Oh well ;-/

2) Our anniversery is coming up in August. I would love it if he proposed on that day. I could care less how he did it.

3) For some reason 'at home' proposals have never appealed to me. In the past I have never found them to be romantic or creative. But now that Dave and I have our first home together and it means so much to me, I couldn't imagine many other things better then walking home from work and finding a dark house lit with candles ALL over, flowers everywhere and rose petals on the floor ;-)

4) Ever since I was a little girl, I've always imagined that it would be great to become engaged on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. I love that city and their isn't anything more romantic than sailing through the bay at night.

4) My favorite proposal idea (actually I think they are all my favorite) would be to take a short day trip to a beach in Santa Cruz or Monterey/Carmel (about 1.5 hours away). Pack a lunch and a blanket, sit on the sand and watch the sunset. It would combine all the elements of my perfect proposal: romantic, intimate, classy and simple. Even better would be returning to the same beach that we camped at almost a year ago.