Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wonder Boyfriend and the Story of the Spices

When Jay and I broke up and I moved out, we had a super hard time splitting up our stuff. Jay and his only child mentality felt that it was his right to keep EVERYTHING that wasn't clearly mine. And by that I mean that he let me keep my books and my clothes without throwing a major hissy fit. I won’t even go into the screaming debacle that occurred over a leg of lamb that to this day I swear I bought cuz I'm the one who grew up on a sheep farm and knows how to cook lamb well. He kept the leg of lamb after ripping it out of my hands and screaming at me and I still have not forgiven him for that. I can probably pin point that as the moment when I knew that I was no longer able to fall back in love with him.

Jay and I had a rather large spice collection that we used for cooking all the time. The collection originally started out from him but then through the 2 years we were together, it grew from both of us adding to it. So needless to say, Jay didn't let me take any of it when I moved out. Over the past 8 months since Jay and I split, I've been trying slowly to make my own collection and I've been doing good but it's a slow job.

So in my boy's quest to achieve wonder boyfriend status, last night he brought me home a massive quantity of spices from work!!! WOOOO!! Seriously, I have more spices then I know what to do with. I am just so impressed by his thoughtfulness and generosity. AND I have spices to cook with!!! ;-D