Dave has always been awesome about getting me lil gifts from time to time. Sometimes these gifts are free stuff from work. Sometimes he gets me little stuff like a sprite for my frequently upset tummy or chocolate candies cuz I love them. And sometimes he gets me bigger stuff like this really cool bamboo candle that he got me 5 months ago or surprise sushi.
Now believe me, I don't feel that these gifts are mandatory to earn my love nor do I feel that if Dave came sans gifts that it would mean that he no longer loves me. But I do find it extremely caring, thoughtful and generous that Dave brings me these small lil reminders that even when he's stopping at the gas station that he thinks of me and the possibility that I might want a sprite sometime soon.
I've noticed though that over the past month or two, Dave has truly fallen completely in love with me. I know he's always loved me but I don't think that he adored me as much as he does know. I don't know what brought about this change but I can see it in his eyes. The way he looks at me with such intense love, the way he kisses me so frequently as we watch the history channel together after dinner, the way he touches me when we're sleeping in bed. I love it. It's different then it was 6 months ago and it's hard to explain but believe me I feel the difference and I love it.
So with this change Dave started bringing me gifts almost every time I see him. And I see him almost 5 times a week so that's a lot of gifts! Last night after work he went to a local home store for some random necessities for himself. When he came over for dinner he surprised me with:
* An awesome cucumber melon candle (I love candles and I love fruity scents)
* Rubber dishwashing gloves (I like super hot water when I'm washing dishes and Dave is always afraid I'm gonna scald myself)
* A 500 piece puzzle for us to put together and then I can hang it in my office when we're done (his idea). It's a really cute outdoorsy picture so it's perfect for my office.
* A beef jerky kit (free from work) He's been a bit zealous in his idea that we can buy some meat and make homemade beef jerky.
* Vanilla PlateScrapers (free from work)
* Hot fudge and caramel ice cream topping (free from work) Mmmm ;-9