Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Can Everyday Be Valentine's Day???

I had a super time last night. I was a bit afraid that Dave would be stressed out from work and not have a good time at dinner and I was feeling a bit guilty that I was making Dave go out to a fancy restaurant when I'm sure what he really wanted to do was sit back at home and chill. Adding to Dave's stress is that his company is doing a re-org and Dave might get switched to a new team. No more baked items ;-(. He might also get a promotion so Dave is pretty nervous to find out what's going to happen when the re-org gets announced this Wednesday.

Traffic ended up being super light so we got to the steakhouse before it was even time for our reservation. They were able to seat us right away which was even nicer. I thought that they would be more packed on v-day but it's super nice place and they didn't pack the schedule too tight. The steaks were excellent and the wine was even better. A really nice, romantic time.

We got home and Dave and I listened to some music while laying in bed together and talking. A perfect chill way to end the evening. I fell asleep pretty early but Dave was kept awake by his roommates and their friends being super loud during their "it's v-day and we're single so lets all get together and get drunk" mini-celebration til 2am. I think that Dave was also kept up with thoughts about the re-org but the roomie situation certainly didn't help. Not to be selfish but I'm kinda glad that his roommates aren't perfect cuz it just makes it easier someday for us to move in together. Plus my roomies have been huge asses lately and I am so not blissful with my current living situation but that’s a whole other ranting blog post.