Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Mountains & Valleys

Woo Hoo!!! Dave and I finally had the moving in together talk last night ;-)

On Monday, Scott and I had gotten into a heated argument over our living situation. Scott pretty much called me a bad roommie cuz I *gasp* have asked Scott and Steve to do their own dishes and to take out the trash. Scott feels that by doing this that I'm nagging them and they don't like that. But as I pointed out, that for the 1st 6 months that I lived with them that I NEVER nagged them about anything and in return nothing got done unless I did it. So after a whole lot of going back and forth it pretty much seems that Scott and Steve don't want to clean up after themselves but they want me to keep a clean house and for me to be happy with that. Talk about being a slave maid! At one point Scott even had the nerve to call me selfish b/c I kept saying things like "I'm the only one to do the dishes and I'm the only one who ever vacuums, and I'm the only one who has ever cleaned the community bathroom in the 8 months I've lived here." How dare I say "I" so many times!!! How do you even reason with that??? So I'm just really unhappy and I'm so mad at Steve and Scott and their mentality. I decided that whether Dave wants to move out with me or not that I'll be making a move in the near future.

So last night Dave and I are laying in bed together. I asked him what he thought about the idea of us moving in together someday. Dave said that honestly he had never thought about it which I completely believe everything is so perfect between us right now that I don't blame him for not looking for ways to change anything that we have. Dave asked me what I thought about the issue and I told him that I think we're ready for it and that it would be good for both of us. I told him that my only concern was that he needs space sometimes and with us living together it will take adjusting to find the level of independent time that Dave wants while at the same time making us both happy. And we might never be able to find that happy medium of space but if that happens then I'd rather find out now then after dating 2 years. Dave then asked me if this idea is a result of my unhappy living situation and I said that yes honestly it was but regardless I would still want to move in with him. SO Dave is taking some time to think about it which makes me happy cuz it seems like he is truly open to the idea.

PS My family was never big into making puzzles or playing board games. We lived on a farm and our recreational activities usually included building fences or pruning orange trees. Recently, Dave got me a semi-easy 500 piece puzzle and I am loving it! It's such a great joint activity for us to do together and such a great way to pass the time. I haven't done a puzzle since middle school and I never knew they could be so fun! I can't wait to hang it in my office.