Sunday, February 13, 2005

Poo Poo Heads

My boyfriend called my best friend a "poo poo head".

Over the past month I've been telling Dave not to break the bank on v-day. And I've truly meant this in my head. But in my heart I'm secretly wishing for the huge romantic v-day celebration that I've never gotten. I've never even been taken out to dinner on Valentine's. I think my most expensive v-day gift was an ant farm that I got 2 years ago. Sad.

So I'm talking to Britney and she's telling me that I'm being an idiot for telling Dave one thing and secretly expecting for another. I was just preparing myself for a huge let down and I completely agree with that. The poor boy can't read my mind! I can't even read my own mind sometimes.

So Dave and I are talking last night and I tell him how I'm not letting him know how much v-day means to me and how I was talking to Brit and she said I was being an idiot. At first Dave gets kinda frustrated with Britney saying how she's getting bad thoughts in my head. But I keep telling him that her advice was good and I need to tell him what I want. His response: "do you really think that I would let our 1st v-day pass without making a big deal out of it???" Awww! So we'll see what happens. Dave gets me much more then anyone else has ever gotten me (or tried to) so I know that whatever Dave does (big or small) that I'm sure to love it.

PS I did my man-romantic deed for the month. Saturday night, Dave stayed home to watch NASCAR. I went to our local pizza shop and ordered his fav pizza and had it delivered to his house. He loved it. I figured it was the man equivalent of having flowers sent to his house. ;-)