Monday, October 31, 2005

I Wanted to Kick Him in the Balls

I was a major brat this weekend. My moody attitude prevailed as I tried repeatedly to pick fights when there were no fights to pick. I know, I know, I know. I'm handling this all wrong. I should just be happy that I have Dave in my life. How many people out there are looking for someone to love and I've been lucky enough to find someone that is SOOO damn perfect for me! I even keep asking myself why getting engaged is so damn important to me right now. Answer: I have no damn clue. I just want to be engaged. RIGHT NOW!!

Seriously, poor Dave took my bitchiness like the wonder-boyfriend that he is. Dave was comforting when I needed to be comforted, loving when I needed to be loved, and sweet when I needed to be reminded that he loves me and wants to get married to me someday. Just not tomorrow like I would prefer. *sigh* I'm promising myself that I WILL get over this. I WILL stop being a brat. I WILL start thinking rationally and stop nagging David. *SIGH* (easier said then done)

In other news, Dave's Mom and I went to a Casual Cocktail Party Planning Class offered by Viking Home Chef. The hands-on cooking class was a birthday gift to Dave's Mom from Dave and me. Dave's Mom is Mrs. Dinner-party-every-night-of-the-week-for-assorted-groups-of-friends so we knew that this class would be perfect for her and a great chance to have some bonding time with just me and her.

Let me start out by saying that I had high expectations for this class but I was blown away by how much fun we had, how hands-on everything really was, how practical the recipes we cooked were, and how cheap the class was for all the food and alcohol we consumed ($89/pp). Everything about the class was excellent! If they have a Viking Home Chef School near you, I highly recommend that you try out one of their classes.