A woman calls her boss one morning and tells him that she is staying home because she is not feeling well.
"What's the matter?" he asks
"I have a case of anal glaucoma," she says in a weak voice.
"What the hell is anal glaucoma?"
"I can't see my ass coming into work today."
First of all, thank you to everyone who emailed me with their comments on Friday's blog topic. You all are so incredibly sweet and caring. I feel loved ;-) Looking back on it I should have never turned off comments since many of you emailed me anyway and all of your comments gave me clarity over the whole situation. Dave brought up the subject again on Friday night and after talking about it more with him, I realize that I just need to be patient. I have a tendency to want to plan out everything. Tonight's dinner, next week's cocktail party, my future wedding, children's bedrooms, etc. You get the idea. If it's plan-able then I want to think about it, dream about it, and make a rough draft plan. I need to learn to sit back, relax, and enjoy what life brings me.
Saturday, Dave and I went into the city for a friend's 30th birthday party. Before we went to the party, we ate dinner at a Brazilian/Italian fusion restaurant called Mangarosa Bar. YUMMY!!!! The Caiprihinia's were excellent, the Brazillian Steak Rechaud was perfectly flavored and fun since we got to finish cooking it at our table and the yucca fries were delicious. If you're ever in San Francisco and want to try out a fun (and decently priced) restaurant in North Beach then I definitely recommend Mangarosa.
On Sunday, Dave and I went to an Oakland Raider's football game. Holy cow. The Raider fans take scary to a whole new level. Even though Dave and I were there in our silver and black to cheer for the Raiders, I was still scared of my fellow fans and their love of the team. I felt like at any moment we could have gotten beaten up for looking the wrong way at a fan and his costume (I can't believe how many people get dressed up!). Now I know why so many other teams and their fans are afraid of the Raider Nation! The game was great (we won) and our seats were excellent thanks to a friend who gave us free tickets. Wooo!
On Monday, I stayed home because I have unused vacation time at work that needs to be used before the year's end. I thought it would be a nice relaxing day to watch chick flicks and curl up on the couch with a good book. Instead I spent the day deep-cleaning the apartment and running errands. Exciting stuff.