Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Melissa Etheridge & My Weekend

Dave and I went to the mall on Saturday and while we were there I decided to show him my beloved Pretty Baby. *sigh* I LOVE that ring so much. It just looks so perfect on my finger. Dave seemed to love the ring too but I know he had his heart set on surprising me with a ring he created himself so I'm not sure what he'll go with when the time comes. I also know that Dave hates shopping and I don't think that he realizes how much shopping around is required when buying diamonds so I have a feeling that he'll go with the ring I love because it'll be easier on him and because he knows I'll be happy with it. EEEEE!!!

Now that I've shown the ring to Dave and verbally expressed to him how much I want to get married someday, I've decided that I'm no longer allowed to broach any wedding related talks with him. I'm excited about the possibility of getting engaged (much like I'm excited about going on vacation) and I know me. When I get excited about something I tend to want to talk about that something. A lot. All the time. Can't stop me if you tried. I don't want Dave to confuse my excited chatter as pressure because I'm honestly not trying to pressure him. I'm just excited. Really excited. The balls in his court now. He knows what I want and I know that someday he'll do his best to give me everything that I want.

This weekend Dave and I went to another black-tie charity event. We had a lot of fun (I'll have pictures uploaded later this week). We went last year and I felt it was more fun since we had better dinner seats and the cocktail hour was less crowded. This year over 1,400 people attended which meant the lines for alcohol were super long and it was almost impossible to find all of our friends in the clutter of wait staff, hour derves, and people. The highlight of the night came during the entertainment when we were treated to a performance by Bruce Hornsby and Melissa Etheridge. In year's past we've seen Tina Turner, Cirque du Soleil acts, and casts from Broadway musicals but nothing has been as exciting as hearing Melissa Etheridge sing. Bruce Hornsby was awesome too and he played for at least an hour and a half.