Friday, October 28, 2005

Sometime Next Year ...

*SIGH*

I was really looking forward to getting engaged much sooner then that but Dave says his timeline is 'sometime next year'. Who knows what that means. 2 months from now? 6 months from now? 10 months from now? 14 months from now??? He's seen so many of his friends get married then divorced so he wants to make sure that we wont do the same thing. *pout* I'm being a BIG baby about the whole thing but I want to get engaged now ;-( Will it ever be my turn?

Update: We talked about it some more and he says that it'll happen sometime 4-6 months from now, after our trip to Cabo in March. *sigh* I'm okay with that. (Do I have any other choice but to be okay with that?) I'll just have to learn to be patient. Don't worry I've nagged him on the topic more then I preferred but I've been relatively good and taken most of my frustration out on this blog. I know that whining is gonna get me no where!

While we were talking about engagement, I told him about a few rules I wanted. Rule #1 is that he has to ask me before he's allowed to tell anyone in his family or my family. I don't want to be the last to know. Rule #2 is that he's not allowed to ask while we are on vacation in Cabo. My good friend Jayme got engaged in Cabo and I'd feel like a bit of a copycat. Plus, I'd hate to stress while on vacation about whether it'll be happening or not.

PS. At least I have a timeline now! (trying to focus on the positive!)