Friday, March 25, 2005

Growing Up

Last night the boys came home at 2am from playing a show at a local club. Errrr!! Could they have at least used their inside voices??? I was awoken by Liz nagging at Steve, Scott retelling every little nuance that occured during the show, and Steve playing the electric guitar with the amp on!! At 2am!!!! Once again it made me realize that I'm over the whole roommate living situation. And more importantly, I'm over the whole partying situation. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy having a drink or two with friends or going out to a local pool hall on a weekend night. But the overwhelming desire that I used to have to go out and get drunk as much as possible is just not there for me anymore. At my age (25 in one month! Eeek!!) I'm just as happy staying home by myself on a Friday night, drinking water, organizing my photo album, and watching Sex and the City.

What a difference a few years makes. When I first moved here at 23 I MISSED my college days. I missed going out with the sorority sisters and getting drunk every night. I missed drinking too much and being the sober driver. I missed party hopping and flirting with fraternity boys. I missed participating in sorority events as an active sister. I missed waking up in the morning and calling my friends for an emergency review of what happened the night before while eating McDonalds for breakfast.

I don't miss that anymore.

Things I miss now are getting a good night's sleep. Waking up with Dave in my arms. Having a clean house. Having money to go on nice vacations. Finding time to go on a really long run around my neighborhood. Saving money to buy a house someday. These are the things that make me happiest now.

I'm even thinking of selling my hot girl silver convertible camaro and buying something much more economical like a Ford Focus. I've come to the realization that I don't need some cool car to be seen in. I just need a vehicle to drive me from point a to point b. So what if Britney and Jayme make fun of me!!!! Someday they'll come to the realization that driving a nice car is not the most important thing in life. Plus, I'll be saving more than $300 each month in car payments, insurance and gas! Do you know how many things at Pottery Barn I could buy with that extra money??? I'd finally have a nicely decorated house!! WOOOO!!!! EEEEE!!!!

Yep, Growing up and it feels good ;-D