Monday, April 04, 2005

Fools Rush In

The other day I was reading an advice column in our local paper and it really made me think. The topic was women who put too much emphasis on marriage and rushing to the alter after a specific time period has elapsed. The advice columnist stressed that women need to realize that the important thing is whether you are willing to live the rest of your life with this person and not how big of a rock they put on your finger and when that rock comes. Instead of obsessing over future wedding plans, the woman should spend her time exploring her interests and developing new friendships.

The column made me realize that I have become a little engagement-centric over the past few months. In my heart and head, I have this feeling that Dave is so right for me and I'm loving that feeling (esp since I've never had it before). I think I need to take a small step back and stop rushing Dave for a higher level of commitment (ie moving in together). I just need to relish the fact that I have Dave today and that is a great feeling in itself.

PS I must confess that I still really REALLY want Dave and me to move in together. But if he's not ready yet then I need to accept that and move on.

PPS Scott has been throwing his little tantrums lately and I am getting sick of it!!!

PPPS I love me some Sex and the City. So good. So my life.