Friday, April 15, 2005

Sex and the (Fresno) City

It's nice to be back from my meeting in Fresno. Fresno was fun. Got to see some of my sorority sisters, attend a bit of Sigma Chi Derby Days, eat separate dinners with my Mom and Dad, and hang out with Brit a bit.

I had planned on attending more of Derby Days (a giant party where Fresno State sororities compete against each other in a week long contest) but I was kind of over the whole sorority cattyness. I just don't get jolly anymore out of trying to be the skinniest, prettiest, best dressed sorority who gets all the boys and drinks the most. I must be growing up.

My meeting went REALLY well. I met some super huge people from my NHQ who were really impressed with a presentation I gave. I even got offer to work at my NHQ for 30 days and I'm SUPER excited about that plus it'll look great on my resume. We'll see how everything works though. Sometimes things fall through and I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too much.

I drove home on Thursday and spent most of the evening vegging a bit. I watched this really cute episode from Season 3 where the girls head out to la-la-land on vacay. Hehe. That episode just reminded me how much I LOVE California. Some of the generalizations they made fun of, are really true. We really are so much more laid back and health conscious here. Don't even think of trying to be a smoker!!! A nice way to end a hectic week.