Saturday - I spent the day exploring DC by myself. I walked ALOT but all in all I had a really enjoyable time alone. They say that you should love spending time with yourself before you can ever expect anyone else to love spending time with you. I completely believe that. Things I saw:
* US Capitol Buildings - LOTS of steps!!!
* Botanical Gardens - Gorgeous and humid. A must-see for a plant science geek like me.
* Museum of Natural History - Packed with tons of kids. Worth the crowds to see the Hope Diamond ;-)
* National Aquarium - Disappointing. Small ;-/
* Dinner at some sushi restaurant that was highly rated by several websites but was nothing like my beloved west coast sushi ;-(
Sunday
* Woke up at 7am to catch my flight from the DC area to Gainesville, FL.
* 9am - Flew to Charlotte, NC for a layover.
* 1pm - Connecting flight to Gainesville was CANCELED due to hurricane winds. Stayed at the airport in hopes of catching the next available flight. I was supposed to meet Rosalie for some sushi (I'm SUCH a sushi whore and I REALLY wanted to see Rosalie!!)
* 5pm - Hurricane winds were unrelenting and flights to Jackson, Alabama, Atlanta, and most of Florida were being canceled left and right. I gave up and booked a hotel room at a nearby hotel for the night. Unfortunately, the airline wasn't able to return my checked baggage to me so as I type I'm stuck in an airport hotel room with no transportation, no clean clothes, no clean undies, no toiletries and I STINK! Oh! And I have a meeting as soon as I get off the plane when I arrive in Florida. I'm thinking that I'll attempt a quick change in the bathroom as soon as my checked baggage is delivered off the airplane.
Sheesh. I think I need a weekend to re-coop for these past few days!
PS And I really REALLY miss Dave ;-( I love that boy so damn much!
PPS My brother had his baby on Friday (eek! I'm an Aunt!!!). A close friend of Dave's family had his baby a few days before that. They say good things come in 3s so here's hoping that my close friend Tammy pops ASAP!