Thursday, May 19, 2005

Revenge of the Roommates

Last night, I went to Dave's house to BBQ dinner (mmmm... tri tip and corn on the cob) and to watch Star Wars Episode II (we have tixs to see Episode III tonight).

Dave's roommates are trying to beat mine in the "Who Has the Worst Roommates? Award". We got there at 6pm to find 3 random guys passed out in the living room with the basketball game on. One guy was sprawled across the couch. Another was in the recliner and the third was laying on the floor. So Dave had to run back and forth from his room to the BBQ to cook dinner while I began the movie in his room so that we could finish watching it by Alias at 9pm. Dave's roommates were nowhere to be found and the sleeping strangers in the living room had no intentions of moving. Dave joked that he now owns a half way house.

So dinner is ready and we realize that there is no way that we'll be able to eat steak while sitting on the bed in Dave's room. Dave comes up with the idea to hook up his TV and DVD in the den so that we can sit on the couch and use the coffee table as a makeshift table. Oye Vey. This works out fine until both of Dave's roommates come home along with 10 of their closest friends. Our movie was interrupted every 3 minutes by someone coming into the den and asking what we were watching and what did we think of the movie (shut up and let me watch the movie!!!) or by the LOUD laughter and talking from the 15 people who were in the living room smoking pot. So Dave and I finish our dinner, disconnect the TV and DVD and move everything back into his room so that we can finish the movie. Ughhh ....

Later that night, Dave goes outside to smoke a cigarette (I know, I know! He's trying to quit). Dave goes outside for less then 5 minutes to smoke in the driveway (like he always does). He tries to come back in the house but the door is locked and no one is answering his knocks. Luckily, Dave had brought his phone with him to smoke so he was able to call me to open the door for him. Poor Dave was livid. There was absolutely no reason that the door needed to be locked. There was 15 people in the living room! Plus, Dave was in the driveway so he could see that no one had come in or out the door. Whichever roommate locked the door, did it to just lock Dave out.

I might be biased but I still think that my roommates will win this war.

Oye Vey.

I just need to keep repeating to myself: 2.5 more weeks til we move. 2.5 more weeks, 2.5 more weeks!!!