Good. After work, I met Dave at the mall to help him pick out a tux to buy. We attend so many charity formal events each year that Dave figured it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a nice tux versus renting a cheap tux each time. Mmmmm ... There is nothing sexier then seeing Dave in a tux. Yum. ;-D The really great thing is that I'm finally feeling like Dave and I really have a life together. When we first began dating, Dave was (and still is) a very indepedant person. If he needed a new shirt, he'd go to the mall and buy himself one. If he was hungry, he'd make himself dinner. If he was sick, he'd drag himself to the store and buy medicine. This has never been a huge issue in our relationship because I appreciate a man who can take care of himself. But it did make me feel like there really wasn't much of an 'us' sometimes. I wanted to go to the mall to help him pick out the shirt. I wanted him to call me to ask if I was hungry too. I wanted him to let me take care of him when he was sick. I think that we have finally reached a nice equilabrium where I feel like he needs me and thinks of me as part of his life but doesn't depend on me for everything (as I've experienced in other relationships).
Bad. Dave and I walked the entire mall so that I could look at more formal dresses. As we walked by the jewelry stores I couldn't help but feel a little sad that Dave and I are not yet to the stage in our relationship where its time to window shop for rings. I really REALLY wanted Dave to grap my hand and lead me into Zales and ask me what I liked. Why am I so wedding obsessed lately??? We've only been dating 9 months. I've never become this marriage minded about a boy after only 9 months!!! I just can't help myself. I've never been able to see myself married to someone before (either I knew we weren't headed for marriage or the thought of being married to them scared me). Every minute of every day I can imagine myself married to Dave without hesitation. I need to stop this. I need to come back to reality and stop oogling the wedding rings, flipping through the weddings mags in the checkout line of the grocery store, and drooling over knot.com.
Ugly. So I looked through the entire mall and I have yet to find a cute dress. My problems:
* Black dresses that look exactly like every other black dress I've worn to every other formal.
* Black dresses that look too much like cocktail dresses and not enough like a formal.
* White dresses that are very cute but look too much like wedding dresses. Plus white dresses stain easily and I'm a messy person. And white dresses don't have the best sliming effect. I need the sliming effect.
* Dresses that are super cute and have super flattering cuts but only come in neon orange, bright teal blue, fuschia, or some other color that resembles a haz mat clean up. Are teenagers really wearing these to prom?? Ughhh...