Why didn't anyone tell me it would be this difficult to cook without a stove, oven, kitchen sink, or countertop? When we began the remodel I had all these grand schemes of how I was going to utilize the grill, George Foreman, fondue, and crock pot to make healthy meals each night. What I didn't realize was that the grill and George Foreman get old after the eleventeenth time. The fondue and crockpot require preparation and without a countertop I am forced to cut veggies and meat on my coffee table. (Not too comfortable in case you were wondering.) And to top it all off everything becomes covered in dust during a remodel which forces me to wash everything before and after I use it. There are so many other things I would prefer to do instead of leaning over the bathtub washing dishes twice a night.
So far we haven't resorted to ordering in pizza but we do eat out 3-4 times each week. Much more then our normal once a week. And when I do "cook" at home I usually resort to convenience semi-homemade types of products. Uncle Ben's microwaveable rice and I have become quick friends even though one pouch has over a 1,000 grams of sodium per serving. I try to be low-carb and low-fat but I am ALWAYS low sodium when I cook so this high salt cooking has left me feeling like a salt lick most days.
I've decided to go on a shake fast for the next week or so. This lack of anything healthy to cook has actually made this a really easy decision and I am sure will make it really easy to stick on the fast. I went on a long term fast before my wedding which knocked the weight off me like gang busters. This fast will be much shorter but hopefully gets me on the path towards cute summer shorts and skirts.