Thursday, May 15, 2008

Epic

It's 9pm and I am still hungover from drinking too much last night.

Dave and I took a few of his coworkers who were here from out of town out to a super nice restaurant in the Gaslamp. As most legendary nights begin, we had no intention of getting shit face drunk but half way through the appetizer we had already finished two bottles of very expensive wine and were toasting each other for no apparent reason at all. By the time the $100 per plate entrees were served we had decided to make this an all nighter and I had decided to eat as little of my food as possible so that I could continue my buzz. By the end of dinner I was alternating between speaking French and Spanish to two of his coworkers seated next to me. Things get a little hazy from here so who knows what I was actually telling them. Even sober I have to focus very hard to speak fluent Spanish and basic French. When I'm drunk who knows what could have been coming out my mouth. I'm not capable of much at that stage. Knowing me my Spanish probably consisted of "Quiero Taco Bell?" and my French was probably "Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir". By the first bar I had spilled my tanquerey and tonic on my lap and it looked like I had peed my pants. Either that or I actually did pee my pants. When I am as wasted as I was last night anything is possible. Walking to a second bar we saw the Jabbawockeez who live in San Diego. We mobbed them and took several photos before stumbling down the street to our intended destination.

I would ask my husband to clarify but he was unfortunately the sober driver and none too pleased with our drunken shenanigans. He especially wasn't pleased when his coworkers begged him to go home and leave me to have fun with them. They even offered to let me stay in their hotel rooms (they were all male) and then send me home in the morning via taxi. Needless to say, soon after hubby decided to take them back to the hotel and me back to our home. After making stumbling sexual advances (I was a mess and must have looked like that scene from SuperBad) Dave tucked me in bed and I promptly passed out. O, what a night.