Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Update Day 3



7:55am - Life is trying to return to normal. A prime time show was actually shown on tv last night; news has re-introduced commercials; even a radio station played an actual song instead of reporting non-stop about the fires. As much as I would like this nightmare to end, I really think the media is forcing us back to normal even though we shouldn't be. While winds were calm last night, as you can see from the pic above, more fires began last night and the existing fires are still 0% contained. At this point my house and much of the County is still within danger. Heck half the County is still colored purple and under mandatory evac. I thought about getting away and going to the office this morning but then I quickly realized that beyond organizing my email, sitting in the office would be worthless. I can't go into the field since most of the roads are closed and half my landowner's properties have burned. All my meetings for the week have been canceled. And four of my ten staff is in other parts of SoCal and still evacuated from their homes.

On a lighter note: Have you all heard about the outstanding job that is being done at Qualcomm stadium? One of Dave's coworkers has been evacuated to the stadium since Monday afternoon and it seems to really be like a big tailgate party.