My how quickly life returns to normal-ish. 36 hours ago Dave and I left the house to drive around the corner and grab a frozen yogurt treat. The entire trip lasted 20 minutes and yet the whole time I was riddled with anxiety about BOTH of us leaving the house at the same time and not being able to answer the reverse 911 call. I couldn't even relax enough to enjoy my fro-yo and had to keep fighting the urge to sniff the air every 5 minutes. Since then the winds have been calm and the fires have reversed direction. Last night Dave and I even went to Fry's and out to eat! It felt like a whole new world after being stuck in a house together for the last 72 hours. Today I'm back at work and just like I predicted my feet have hit the ground running. My day is filled with an 8am briefing, 3pm briefing, recon planning, politicking for local government sponsors, staffing needs diagrams, and lots of other stuff that only makes sense if you've just been ravaged by a natural disaster. Thanks to everyone who sent emails. Any social interaction I received was much appreciated after staring at the news so much. Posting will be light and will mostly consist of pictures that I take while doing the reconnaissance tours of the burned and damaged lands. Ciao.
Photo Credit: San Diego Union-Tribune