Tomorrow's to do list involved waking up at 4am and standing in line at Walmart/Target/Sears/Best Buy for four hours trying to get a new Sony PS3. Unfortunately our plans were thwarted when we learned that Sears didn't receive any PS3s and Target/Walmart/Best Buy already had people camping out in line at 7pm on Wednesday. Yes Wednesday. Which means that people were going to camp in front of the store for 36 hours in hopes of buying a $600 gaming console. I'm not sure whether to be jealous or outraged. Oddly enough I was looking forward to standing in line with Dave amongst the crowds. Now that the lines are already hundred deep and each store was only allocated 10 PS3 units, Dave and I have decided to throw in the towel and leave the line debauchery to the youngsters. In other news, today was the Great American Smokeout. As I was leaving the house this morning I tossed a roll of commit lozenges and a QuitAssist brochure at Dave's head. Dave is a smoker and has tried (unsuccessfully) quitting several times in the past. When Dave and I first began dating Dave assured me that he only smoked the occasional drunken cigarette. He also told me that he wasn't a Republican so it really came as no surprise when I realized that Dave's occasional cig was really a pack a day habit (and his voting leaned more towards GW versus my Al Gore tendencies). I've never dated a smoker before but surprisingly I'm really not too peeved by Dave's dirty habit. He always smokes outside and for some strange reason never smells of nicotine. He has promised me that he will quite (someday) so I've made an effort not to nag or berate him. Honestly I'm not looking forward to him quitting. Smoking is a very serious addiction and will involve many days of cranky Dave before he's able to break his habit. That will make for some fun blogging!
*Tres Redonk = Very Ridiculous. Get in the Know.