Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blech (aka Vomit Trifecta)

My last 3 posts (including this one) have all had titles that reference vomit. I haven't thrown up since June 2005 (Jayme's graduation party, too many long beach iced teas) so I have no idea why the idea of up-chuck seems to be such a popular word in my brain these days. Hmmm ...

I'm sick this week. And stressed out. Really stressed out. Which really hasn't helped me get over this horrible cold. Things stressing me out:

* Weight Loss - I've been steadily losing 1 pound a week which is good. Just not good enough. I need to lose more if I want to be in tip top shape for my wedding ;-(

* Work - My desk is full of things that need to be done yesterday. I came in sick on Monday and Tuesday but stayed home Wednesday. Sick = not very productive. Desk full of things that need to be done = me stressed.

* Work - I had a tiff with a colleague (totally her fault) and now I'm angry at her and situation she has put me in. AND I have a problem contract that needs to be fixed but just seems to be making a bigger problem (kinda my fault). Vague, I know but I'd hate to get dooced.

* Wedding - My mom has disinvited herself from my wedding (woo! Really. I need to write about my non-mom someday soon. You'd woo too) but my mom's attitude is making my grandparents upset and they (once again) are looking to me to make everything better. I don't want to make things better.

* Wedding - A certain family member on Dave's side of the family invited a group of people to our wedding that we had no intention of inviting. Lots of drama has ensued.

Things that make me feel better:
* 3 day weekend - Thank you veteran's day.
* Wedding Gift Registry - I've been waiting my whole life to actually have a wedding gift registry. This weekend I'll be visiting Crate & Barrel as well as Bed Bath & Beyond to set up our registries.