Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'll Be Eating Turkey By The Pool

I’m wearing khakis, sandals, and a cardigan and I’m hot. Its 80 degrees outside and the Southern California heat doesn’t make me feel like celebrating Thanksgiving much less begin preparations for Christmas. I’m usually first in line for the Black Friday sales but this year I think I’ll have a hard time getting my sandal covered feet to get in the shopping mode at all. Sun + 80 degrees = Not Holiday Time. I’m in desperate need for some rain, clouds, and a cold front.

Yesterday, I went shopping in preparation for my first attempt at cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I walked into the store with my long list of groceries needed and quickly became overwhelmed as I glanced from the massive crowd to my list and back again. Luckily the World’s Best Fiancée had known that I would be grocery shopping after work so he decided to surprise me in the bakery aisle with a Starbucks Green Tea in hand. He pushed the very full cart while I darted between the mass of people, grabbed items off the shelf, and checked them off my list.

Dave and I won’t be celebrating Thanksgiving until Saturday. My Dad and older Brother will be driving down from the LA area to eat with us. The next day all 4 of us will drive to the football stadium where we have season tickets to see the Chargers v. Oakland Raiders game. The Chargers hate the Raiders and we all happen to be Raiders fans so it should be a fun time! And by fun I mean my older brother will instigate drama with the Chargers fans and I will spend my day yelling at him to shut up.

I can't wait ;-)