This was our first time going to the Southern California snow. Lake Tahoe and Central Sierras are our usual locations for snow escapades. On the way up we hit gnarly traffic. It took us one hour to go ten miles up the mountain. Dave wasn't happy but luckily we had Sirius to keep us entertained.

We finally arrived in Big Bear and the first thing we did was hit up a local brewery and drink beer. We did a lot of beer drinking that weekend (hence the weight gain) but with the ski lifts packed, relaxing in the resort pub while watching the playoff game was the perfect activity.
After drinking beer, we checked into our hotel. Our room overlooked Big Bear Lake and was less then 50 feet from the shore.

This was our view. I can't think of a better image to wake up to each morning.

Second best part of our hotel was that it was stumbling distance to The Village. It was quite nice to never have to drive to eat, drink, or play.

The snow lifts were still packed on Sunday so Dave and I decided to do a little hiking. Dave got us lost quite a bit and had to consult the map to find our way back on the trail.

Luckily, I am an expert navigator and was able to find the trail again.

Since everyone else was on the lifts, we were pretty much the only ones in the forest. I kept trying to convince Dave to write his name in the snow with pee but evidently Dave is much more mature then I and prefers to use his finger.

The view was gorgeous and I really didn't mind getting lost.

The most important thing is that I was spending time with the love of my life and really life doesn't get any better then that.

I am one lucky girl.