Friday, January 18, 2008

Is This Serious???

As you might have heard, the San Diego Chargers are playing the Patriots this weekend in a shot at going to the Super Bowl. I hate the Chargers and think Tom Brady is hot so you can guess who I will be rooting for.

I saw this article in yesterday's newspaper. Is this REALLY how the rest of the US has to dress during the winter months??? I've never lived anywhere but Cali and complained this morning that the high was only going to be 66. Either this guy is joking or I am an incredibly big princess. To be honest if I had to go to a conference in Boston tomorrow I would never in a million years think of dressing like this. In fact I would probably come in yoga pants, hoodie, and flip flops (my standard flying attire).

John Gardner of Cambridge, Mass., e-mailed some sage – if scary – advice for San Diegans heading to New England for the game:

“Fans need to wear boots with at least 1000 grams of insulation, wool socks, thermal underwear with heavy-duty winter pants, a thick down parka, undershirt, wool shirt, sweat shirt and a fleece vest parka below the outer parka. And just as importantly, a thin coating of petroleum jelly on the face, a wool or Gore-Tex face mask, hand warmers and thick wool mittens! ... I would not want any human being to be underprepared for this game.”