Friday, September 07, 2007

Peanut Butter Surprises

Him: How long until the cookies are ready?
Me: Well I have to let the dough set for 2 hours before I can begin balling the cookies and candy.
Him: 2 hours! What type of cookies are these? That is riduculous. I've never had to let dough set for 2 hours before making the cookies.
Me: And exactly how many times have you made cookies before?
Him: Ummmm ... None. But I did take home ec in high school.

Here is a recipe for some awesome cookies that I made for my staff meeting on Tuesday and then since Dave liked them so much he had me make them again for his staff meeting that was today. You can use snickers, reese's pb cups, almond joys, or butterfingers for the center of the cookies. I call the cookies Peanut Butter Surprises but during the holiday's you can call them Santa's Surprises.



Ingredients
2 sticks butter
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. light brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. Snickers Minis (or candy bar of liking)

Directions
1. Combine butter, peanut butter and sugars using a mixer on med. to
low until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla slowly until combined. Mix in flour, salt and
baking soda.
3. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
4. Unwrap Snickers.
5. Remove dough from fridge. Divide into 1 tbsp. pieces and flatten.
6. Place a Snickers in the center of each dough.
7. Form dough into a ball around each Snickers.
8. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.
9. Let cool on a baking rack or wax paper.

Yield: 2 dozen-ish