Monday, September 10, 2007

Overdone Phrases

Back in the beginning days of Dave and my relationship, when we had sex two to four times per day and I was able to consume any food I wanted because I was exercising at the gym for 1.5 hours per day plus having all the sex, Dave invited me over to his house for an ice cream run and to watch the VMAs on MTV. For some odd reason I remember this mini-date with some of the fondest memories I have of any date that Dave took me on. Maybe it's because I really do love ice cream or maybe it's because I really do love MTV or maybe it's because back then every blog post started with "OMG. Dave is so hot. I think I'm falling in love. We have so much sex!". Whatever the case, the ice cream and VMA mini-date is one of my favorites and is one that we like to repeat each year. This year our traditional Baskin Robbins was replaced with Coldstone's because have you tasted the Birthday Cake Remix??? Ummmm ... YUM.

Watching this year's VMAs I was really filled with a huge desire to hop on the next plane bound for Vegas. This is a strong statement coming from me since I've probably been to Vegas over 50 times. When I was growing up, Vegas was our traditional vacation spot, 2 times per year, once in February (Prez Weekend) and then once again in the Summer. With college I once again jumped on the Vegas bandwagon since it was a rather short 6 hour drive from where I went to college. Now that I've gotten older it seems like Vegas has become the top getaway for bachlorette parties and cheap girl's weekend getaways.

A few years ago the saying "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas" became popular and I really began to grow tired of the Vegas party scene. The place had become too popular and expensive. A typical weekend getaway cost $800. My budget and my patience for the tourists was at it's limit. Yet, watching Sunday's VMAs I felt an intense desire to experience Vegas once again. One of my best friends just found out she is pregnant. Is it kosher to host a baby shower at The Palms?