Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Parting of the Sensory


I'm alive ... barely. For awhile I thought that this house was going to kill me. Then I thought that the wedding was going to kill me. I was pretty sure that work was going to kill me. Then I thought that Dave was going to kill me (or I was going to kill him, whichever came first). My life is now more settled and I've never been so grateful to be able to sit down at the end of the day. For the past month my day has begun at 5:30 am and not ended until 10:30 or 11:00 pm. I know that others have it much harder then me but I couldn't help but be stressed out by all that was going on in our lives.

Things I have done in the past few weeks:
* had a bridal shower
* finished painting inside of house
* installed bamboo floors
* addressed and stuffed wedding invitations
* flew to san francisco bay area
* drove to yosemite
* toured the yosemite valley floor
* completed food tasting and wine selections for dinner (mmmm ... beef wellington)
* taken engagement photos
* met with dj and made all song selections
* had jack-n-jill shower
* packed entire apartment in one day
* moved
* broke my right hand middle finger
* unpacked entire house (holy cow it feels good to be "home")
* worked
* lost a few more pounds (I'm at 34 pounds total now)
* began working out, again (tomorrow is mat pilates and I am SO excited)

When I began this blog I never intended it to be a journal of my days. It is a nice way to keep in touch with people but I was really hoping that instead it would be a place where I could exercise my creativity and writing skills. I'm naturally an analytical thinker and sometimes I feel like I need to work extra hard at being a creative person. Unfortunately, these past few months have been so busy and I feel like I don't have time to explore my emotions. Each time I blog it ends up being some type of catch up post. This aggravates me greatly and I'm hoping in the future to change that. We'll see ...