I've been trying to lose weight these past few weeks but it just hasn't been happening for me. I eat my SlimFasts for lunch and dinner but then I end up gorging myself at dinner. Or I get so busy at work and then by the end of the day I'm way too tired to work out at the gym. Or I go to a work meeting and eye the pastries and other goodies until I just can't control myself and I end up eating one (or two). I know, excuses, excuses.
So this afternoon I got fed up with all my empty promises. I enthusiastically made an appointment to meet a counselor at LA Weight Loss. A friend of mine has been trying LA for the past few months and has already lost 20 pounds. Sounds great? Actually, not so much. The counselors at LA Weight Loss are really salespeople with a need to get you to buy their product. I sat down and the counselor (aka sales lady) told me all about how everything I was doing was wrong before. She also told me about how my fiancée may act supportive of my weight but in actuality all men are visual and he's secretly upset and turned off by my 40 pound weight gain!
In the end she wanted my to sign up for 20 weeks of weight loss, a 6 week transition period, and a year maintenance. Total cost was $997! Eeek! Plus I would have had to buy their "weight loss supplements" which she politely refused to tell me the actual cost of. Against her protests I told her I needed to think about it. There was no way that I was going to pay $997 up front (all at once is the only option) without talking to my fiancée since we have a joint account. As soon as I got back to the office I did a bit of internet research and found a few really informative websites like this, and this, and this. I'm really glad that I didn't fold under their high pressure sales tactics and pay the $997. Not only are the contracts virtually non refundable but the supplements can also easily add $1000 on to your weight loss plan. And as part of the contract they make you sign a section stating that you WILL buy the supplements! Sheesh. Scammy!
I think I'm going to try ediets again. I did it for 6 weeks last year and lost 8 pounds. The nutrition plan was very easy to follow as well as flexible. My only problem came to the dinners. The plan I was on was low sodium and the dinners were a bit bland. Hopefully I can try another plan (like the low carb plan) and then the dinners will be more palatable. We'll see ...