Tuesday, August 15, 2006

10 Months

Dave is in Missouri for a business trip until late Thursday evening. He's only been gone since Monday and I already miss that boy something fierce ;-( Distance really does make the heart grow fonder. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad that he got such an awesome job for such a fantastic corporation AND he works from home. But (and we all knew there was a but) I really hate that he's going to be traveling just as much as I travel. For most of the next few months I'm gone one week and he's gone the next week or we're both gone at the same time and Fluff is left home alone.

Anyways, on to happier news: In exactly 10 months, Dave and I will be getting married amidst the beauty of Yosemite. Only 10 more months! EEEeee!!! I'm starting to get excited and in the 'we're getting married' mode which is great because maybe it will motivate me to lose some weight! I've been horrible lately. Really horrible. I've always been NOT naturally thin and had to work hard to maintain my weight. But for the past 6 months I just haven't cared whether I gained weight. Donut? Yes please. Coke or diet coke? Mmmmm ... coke! Go to the gym tonight? Nahhhh! Go to the gym anytime this week? Maybe next week! Beer? Give me 5. I love empty calories!

I really need to get back in the habit of watching what and how much I eat plus exercising daily. I keep thinking that I can do this by myself but I've been trying to lose weight for the past 2 years and have been unable to (in fact I've gained 40 pounds). I think it's time I try LA Weight Loss, Weight Watchers, or some other structured weight loss program even though it makes me feel like a failure. I've lost 40+ pounds twice before in my life (I told you I'm not naturally thin) and I just can't understand why I'm lacking the will power this time around to lose the weight for a 3rd time. I'm getting married in 10 months and will be wearing a big white dress! Wouldn't you think that I'd be able to think of that and stay away from the brownies in the office kitchen. Sadly no. LA Weight Loss here I come ...