My Kitten
When did my tiny little kitten get so big??? Fluff has put on 2 pounds in the past 2 weeks and now resembles a small full grown cat. ;-( I loved my tiny little baby. He's only 16 weeks old and I really didn't expect him to grow up so quickly. Lucky for my heart, he still acts like the cutest, most playful little furball. This morning I held Fluff and we ran after Dave while he swatted and tried to catch Dave.
Wedding Plans
Dave and I along with his parents made a 2nd trip to Tenaya Lodge a few weeks ago. The lodge has been booked, wedding website created, photographer and baker selected, and dj and floral are coming from close friends. I can't believe all that's been done! All that remains is invitations (3 months before), wedding registry (Septemberish), save the date cards (Octoberish), and some other little details. Oh yeah and I still need to go wedding dress shopping. Ughhhh ... I really wanted to lose a few pounds before that happened. I suck and so does wedding dress shopping when you feel like a whale.
4th of July
It was nice having a 4 day weekend even though I felt like we were constantly on the go and didn't have much time to stop and relax. On Saturday we flew to Sacramento to spend the weekend with Dave's parents and extended family. Monday we flew back. On Tuesday we decided to do some chores around the apartment and relax at home with a caprihina (me) and beer (Dave). Nothing wild but I've kinda grown out of my wild days. A relaxing evening at home with my kitten and my fiancée seem to be what I enjoy most these days. The only disappointment to the weekend was that I had thought we'd be able to see the fireworks from our balcony (we have an amazing view of a wildlife preserve). Unfortunately, we could see the fireworks but the marine layer made it a bit hazy and a hill blocked a portion of the fireworks.
Vacation Part Deux
Dave and I got it into our wild little heads that we're going to do a last minute summer vacation in 3-4 weeks. I love that boy and how spontaneous he can be! So we're still doing frantic research but I think we'll shoot for 4 nights at an all inclusive in Mexico again. WOOO!!! So far we've found decent resorts with air fare for $800 per person. Not bad!
I Feel Old (and Boring)
I've stayed away from blogging for the past few months and I really want to get back into the habit. I love exercising the creative part of my brain (I'm much too analytical) and I love having a journal of my thoughts. My only problem is that sometimes blogging makes me feel SO old. Gone are the days when I talked about school or my sorority. Gone are the days when my crushes on boys changed from day to day. No more exciting tales of dates and sex. My neurotic thoughts towards getting engaged are now settled and passed. Oye Vey. Do I have anything interesting to say??? I have no kids to talk about, no pre-marital problems to stress over, no big life changing decisions to loom over. Even wedding planning is nothing to get all tizzied about unless people enjoy my writing about the various shades of sage I saw at the linen store yesterday?