6pm - Phone Call
Me: Hello
D: I'm on my way home. I'll be there in an hour.
Me: An hour? You only work 5 miles from where we live. Why is it gonna take you an hour to get home?
D: It just is.
Me: Ummm ... ok. Are you going to stop anywhere on your way home? (Dave is usually not an asshole so I'm super confused as to why he's being all short and moody with me on the phone)
D: I'm walking home.
Me: You're walking home??? Why?
D: I had a bad day at work. My car is getting smoged and my meeting got out late so there was no one at work to drive me to the auto shop and pick up the car. The auto shop is now closed so I have no car and I'm walking home.
Me: Let me pick you up! Where are you?
D: No. I'm walking home.
Me: I'll just drive to wherever you are and pick you up. Where are you?
D: No. I'm walking home.
Me: You can't walk all the way home. You're wearing a suit, tie, and dress shoes. Your feet will hurt by the time you get home.
D: No. I'm walking home.
Me: That's it. I'm coming to get you. Stay were you're at cuz I'm coming to get you and you have no choice about it.
D: *hangs up phone*
*sigh* You know what's weird? Dave and his moody little asshole antics last night made me love him even more then I did before. I'm not sure why but it did. I wasn't angry. I wasn't mad. I was just so happy to pick him up on the street corner and tell him that I loved him.
NOTE: Dave is really usually not an unreasonable asshole and I'm very lucky for that. Believe me, I've dated a few assholes in my past and it wasn't an enjoyable relationship. Also, note that Dave's attitude improved after I picked him up.