Saturday, July 21, 2007

Weekend Update (Vignette Style)

I've been MIA lately since work has all but consumed my last few days. Unfortunately, it's not even the productive type of work that makes me feel good about the long hours and clean desk. Nope. I've been in a series of meetings, meetings, and more meetings. The week before last I had two days of meetings on Thursday and Friday that were all day and required a 3 hour round trip each day. Last week I flew to our State Capitol for a 5 day training on employee relations, and then next Monday I'll be driving another 3 hours round trip for my last meeting.

--------------------------------

Today is David's birthday and we plan on celebrating it by napping and participating in general laziness. Tomorrow we'll drive up to LA and go to the Dodger's versus Mets game. Go Dodgers!


Then next week Dave is gone for a meeting, the week after that he is gone for a second meeting in Arkansas, then the week after that he is gone for a company exhibition that will be held at Disneyland. The good news (besides the fact that one day I can drive up to Disneyland and get to do night rides) is that for the next 3 weeks I'll be able to indulge in all the red wine and sushi dinners that I could ever want (Dave hates both sushi and wine) and that I'll also be able to gorge myself on Lifetime movies and other assorted chick flicks. The bad news is that I'll miss him and I never sleep as well when he is not by my side ;-(

--------------------------------

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. Not only did I shop at Walmart! I completed an almost greater sin: I GROCERY shopped at Walmart! I know, I know. I feel so dirty. Californians have been very zealous in the past about their hatred of all things Walmart and it's evil empire. For a solid 2 years, my feet never even crossed the Walmart threshold. But ever since we bought the new house, there has been an evil Walmart located fairly close to our house and I have been weak and unable to avoid the low prices. In California, we've been succesful in stopping Walmart from doing the supercenter thing so luckily none of our stores offer a complete grocery store. Yet, Walmart has slowly begun creeping in two or three aisles of dry goods and one aisle of frozen/refrigerated items. The other day I needed a few things from Walmart and had planned to also make a stop at the grocery store until I found that all the items I needed Walmart carried. I felt dirty but I also knew that I was short on time. Time prevailed and now I have to live with the guilt and the self promises that I will never do this again. Yeah right! I'm weak.

--------------------------------

I have a girl crush, which is rare for me since I'm usually all about the guy crushes. Her name? Victoria Beckham. She's so freaking cute and self-deprecating funny. Not to mention that she has a super hot husband. I watched part of the Coming to America special that was on Thursday night and spent most of the time charmed by her antics. Maybe I'll convince David to drive up to LA so that we can catch a Galaxy game.