Sunday, February 18, 2007

Maggie & Me

Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of pigs flying. I have found a wedding dress that I love. Actually, love doesn't even portray the true extent of my emotions. I LOVE love this dress. I can't stop starring at pics of it on the internet, that's how much I love it. Laaaaaa, Laaa, LAAAAAAA!!!!! (That's the beer in me singing. Dave started drinking at 4pm, I started at 6pm. Dave practically never drinks especially since 5 weeks ago he quite smoking. I think we're getting drunk tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sex making later on. But anyways, I digress).

On Saturday, one of my bridesmaids and I went shopping in downtown SD for some bridesmaid dresses. I was looking forward to scoring a deal at the nearby Demetrios Outlet but was surprised to find that their bridesmaid dress rack consisted of a dozen dresses that looked like they could have come from the early 90's. In desperation we went to an actual brick and mortar store to look at overly priced dresses. We were looking for a tea length, celadon colored, summer dress. I think we found it perfectly:


While I was waiting for my bridesmaid to try on all 20 dresses (tea length is all the rage right now), I decided to pass the time by looking at a few of the bridal gowns that had been tried on by brides earlier and were sitting on a rack waiting to be hung up. One of the dresses immediately caught my eye since it had all the components of a dress that I was looking for: beaded corset top, asymmetrical gathering, and gathered skirt. I tried it on and knew immediately that it was THE dress. I never intended to be a "Maggie Bride" but it looks like that's what I'll be and to be honest, I'm actually kinda excited. I never got caught up in the whole Maggie sensation but I think that was because I never thought that I'd be able to afford a Maggie Sottero dress. Here is the dress that I purchased in a different color (minus the sleeves). And below that is a picture of a real bride wearing the same dress in the exact shade that I ordered.




OK. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some beer drinking to do.