Needless to say, I have a list of things to-do that is a mile long. I've barely had enough time to eat, let alone blog. Here is my catch-up picture post:
Dave and I picked up out wedding bands while we were in the Bay Area last weekend. I LOVE both of our rings and was really pleased with the price and quality. I've already told Dave to hide the rings because if he doesn't then I'll just keep putting it on my finger and walking around the house.
We were in the Bay Area for a wedding of Dave's childhood friend. We had a really nice time seeing Dave's family and friends. I miss the Bay Area so much.
This is the bride and groom. They looked wonderful.
We arrived home on Sunday to our normal 80 degree Southern California "winter". I was driving down a street near our house when I took this picture. Note the ocean in the horizon, the palm trees, the wreaths on the palms, and the blue skies. Sad to say the wreaths look out of place and do a poor job of putting me in the holiday spirit.
On Thanksgiving Day weekend we went to the San Diego Chargers vs. Oakland Raiders football game. The Raiders lost only because of a bad referee call (boo!). Other then that the game was a lot of fun especially since we had club level seats. It was nice being able to call a waitress over to our seats every time we wanted something to eat or drink. Laziness at its best!
I made a complete Thanksgiving meal for Dave, my Dad, and my brother. The turkey was brined (according to Alton Brown) and turned out delicious. The whole meal was a success (if I say so myself) and I can't wait to cook my next Thanksgiving meal.
To serve Thanksgiving dinner we used our new (to us) china. The china had been given to us by Dave's grandma (now deceased). The complete 12 piece set of china is from the 1920's. I love the pattern so much and could never imagine a more beautiful set of china.
2 weeks ago, Dave bought his very own PS3. Yes the same PS3 that was sought by many and re-sold for several times it's value. So far he has greatly enjoyed the new gaming station and how high quality the screen resolution is. The other day we used the PS3 to watch a Blue-Ray movie. It was very nice looking but I give most of the credit to our plasma screen tv.
