1) Not being able to blog from work. For awhile blogger was a blocked website according to the federal government. I really never have time to blog from home.
2) Flying with a cold. I caught a mild cold over the holidays while visiting my in-laws in Northern California. The usual sore throat, lethargy, and runny nose. Nothing noteworthy so I didn’t think twice about flying home with the cold. BIG mistake. While descending my congested ears weren’t able to handle the change in cabin pressure. Worst pain imaginable. I thought my ear drums were going to burst and spew blood all over. Horrible.
3) The fact that my future mother in-law (MIL) likes to ask me questions and then immediately after confronts Dave with the information she gathered from me.
SCENE: Living room sofa. MIL and I are watching a chick flick on tv.
MIL: (casually) So since you and Dave are buying a house in San Diego does that mean you wont be moving back to Northern California for awhile?
ME: At this point and time Dave is pretty tired of moving all the time. He really just wants to find a house and settle for the next 5 years. He doesn’t even want to talk about our next move.
MIL: He doesn’t even want to talk about moving again?
ME: Nope. He really just wants to find a place to make a home. He’s tired of moving.
5 minutes later, Dave walks into room.
MIL: Why don’t you want to move back to NorCal?!?!?
Dave: Huh? Wha???
MIL: I heard you don’t want to move for the next 5 years!
Dave: (restates what I just said above)
ME: (fuming)