Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tiny Prayers to Father Time

People always told me that picking the location and date were the hardest part of wedding planning because someone would always have something negative to say about your selection. Well ... That has NOT been my case so far. Instead I've had the opposite problem. People seem to like all of my selections which you would think I should be happy about but I'm not. I have too many options and I need help narrowing down my choices!!! Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Yosemite

Either Tenaya Lodge or the Chalets at Bass Lake. Yosemite is located in the middle of the State so fewer would need to fly. People could make a mini-vacation out of it and go to Yosemite before/after the wedding. The only problems are that it is so far away and it'll make it hard for me to plan. Plus people will need to make reservations for Yosemite campsites ASAP if they want a spot there since campgrounds sell out so quickly.

Riverside

Ever since I was a little girl growing up in Riverside, I always dreamed about getting married at the Mission Inn. I LOVE the hotel and its history and think that it would make a VERY gorgeous and dramatic wedding location. My problems: 1) I don't want guests to have to deal with the traffic of Riverside/LA. 2) Inland SoCal in June would be too hot. 3) Riverside is very urban and quite a few might think it is 'ugly'.

San Diego

There are quite a few hotels along the beach that would make GORGEOUS ceremony/reception sites. I've looked at a few on-line and they are reasonably priced. It would be a far trip for our Fresno & Bay Area guests BUT they could make a mini-vacation out of it and go to Sea World, LegoLand, Zoo, Beach, etc. I'll be living in San Diego so it will be very easy for me to do the planning. My only problem is that I don't know SD yet nor do I have any emotional connection with the area. For some reason a wedding in SD just doesn't feel "right" to me but maybe it will in the future???