I've just come back from a week in Washington DC. I had a wonderful time staying at this gorgeous hotel, lunching with work friends, and riding the metro. Which if I haven't mentioned it before, I am in LOVE with public transportation. I would be gloriously happy if every city I lived in allowed me to ride high speed rail from home to my place of work all while listening to my iPod. I even find the walks from the metro station to the doorstep of my work/home to be exhilarating and mind cleaning.
Truth be told I also liked being on east coast time. (Please don't tell my Cali comrades). Watching the Olympics on tv was actually live. Being on the left coast we often feel like bastard step children when watching the nightly national news and seeing the little emblem in the top left of the screen which says "pre-recorded". I also enjoy east coast time because it has royally fucked with my eating schedule leaving me not really hungry at the appropriate times thus not really eating regular meals. I've eaten like a bird over the past 8 days and I'm hoping that when I jump on the scale tomorrow morning I find that I've dropped a few pounds.
The only disjointed part of my east coast adventure was when I kept hearing them talk on the news of the lower then average temperatures and how that meant that fall was coming. Ummmm ... did they not know that summer is only half way over? We still have 6 more months of summer and then spring is here! I admit that I forget other parts of the country experience weather that doesn't involve sun, 80 degree days, and occasional wind. You might think I kid but the weather in SoCal is insanely devoid of most inclement weather. This might derail my thoughts of moving to the east coast and riding the metro until my little iPod runs out of battery. Earthquakes aren't fun but snow seriously freaks me out.