I just got back from the library where I picked up the Harry Potter books 3, 5, and 6 as well as added my name to the holding list for book 7. Much to my disappointment I am number 47 on that list!
Before last week I had never gotten into the whole Harry Potter thing, had never read any of the books, and had only watched movie #1. For the past few weeks Harry Potter mania has been at full tilt and curiosity got the best of me. I figured that I would check the books out at the library and over the next seven weeks read the whole series (I usually read one book per week and sometimes two books a week if the books are quick reads). What I didn't account for was how addictive these books are. I started on Monday at lunch and by that night had finished book #1. Book #2 took me Tuesday and Wednesday. Today I picked up book #3 and am hoping that it at least lasts me until Friday.
At this rate I'm confident that I will be ready for book #7 by the middle of next week. If the library doesn't have a book available for me by then I might get desperate for a fix and actually go out and buy the book which is something I never do. Even worse, I'm worried what will happen when I have finished all seven books. Although I've only read two books, I've sorta become attached to Harry, Ron, Hermoine, and Ginny. What will happen when there are no more books to feed my new addiction???